CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Know Your Korean Name

Annyeong haseyo!

Been curious about my Korean name since I enrolled in Extramural Classes in Asian Languages (Korean) in UP Diliman. Classes started last Saturday and until now, I'm still in heaven although I've been having sleepless nights memorizing hangeul alphabet.

Anyway, I found this thru the net. A fun blog on how to 'get/know' your Korean name. Thanks Kaitor World!

PS. This is not in any way accurate. I've yet to know how Koreans name their children. So this is just for fun. And if you want to know how to write in in Hangeul, just wait 'til I finish the course ^_^ Koreans usually get three names. Surname comes first,then Middle Name, Then your (First) Name, as opposed to Western naming traditions.

So, what's your Korean Name? Mine is Shin Ji Kyo. Please tell me yours. Kamsahamnida ^_^

Surname : Korean surname is the last number in your year of birth .

0: Park

1: Kim

2: Shin

3: Choi

4: Song

5: Kang

6: Han

7: Lee

8: Sung

9: Jung


Middle name : is your month of birth .

1: Yong

2: Ji

3: Je

4: Hye

5: Dong

6: Sang

7: Ha

8: Hyo

9: Soo

10: Eun

11: Hyun

12: Rae

(First) Name : is your date of birth .

1: Hwa

2: Woo

3: Joon

4: Hee

5: Kyo

6: Kyung

7: Wook

8: Jin

9: Jae

10: Hoon

11: Ra

12: Bin

13: Sun

14: Ri

15: Soo

16: Rim

17: Ah

18: Ae

19: Neul

20: Mun

21: In

22: Mi

23: Ki

24: Sang

25: Byung

26: Seok

27: Gun

28: Yoo

29: Sup

30: Won

31: Sub



0 ang nakinig: