CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 23, 2008

just a happy thursday journal

rite of passage

i've always thought that you've never really experienced UP if you haven't been lost in Diliman. so yesterday, five years after getting my bachelor's degree from another UP campus, i finally passed this UP rite of passage.

so getting lost in UP and riding the IKOT-TOKI jeepneys are a tradition that all true-blooded UP'an should pass. i have done it... yehey!

soul food

experiencing UP may be the ritual i needed to do to feed my starving soul. as i experienced my many 'first', i found myself deliriously happy. i've been like a fool, feeling like a freshie on her enrollment day. i got lost, bugged a lot of people, got off at wrong stops twice, walked around the campus, sat on a dirty, red-cement bench under a tree and had ants climb up my arms, leaves and twigs falling down my hair. i couldn't help giggling like a fool and wave cheerfully to some drivers just because they gave me that 'look' as if they're afraid a might go crazy soon. i felt happy. i felt at home. i felt like i've been back in baguio, back in UP. and maybe, that was what my soul needed.

a really good day

as i boarded the UP-Pantranco jeepney yesterday, i found a folded 1000-peso bill in my wallet among the folded atm receipts. whoa, it was a dead money, something that i didn't know i still have. so i went to have my facial, got a massage, ate things that i wanna ate that were normally out of my budget and spent the balance on pirated dvds from st francis. in the end, i spent it all in half day. who cares anyway, i've never felt so happy and refreshed for so long.

P.S. i wrote this piece while sipping watermelon shake from fruit magic at sm megamall foodcourt, written at around 2:45 pm, in a crumpled yellow paper i managed to find in my bag. so the "time" of the post had been edited, the content's the same. everything happened yesterday, 22 may 2008. ^_^















0 ang nakinig: