CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 10, 2007

indoctrination

transported from my homeground

"When growing up, did your family share your love of books? If so, did one person get you into reading? And, do you have any family-oriented memories with books and reading? (Family trips to bookstore, reading the same book as a sibling or parent, etc.)"

I so wanted to answer one of these BTT questions I constantly read thru den's and kat's blogs. And now, indulge me... this is my first BTT post ^_^

I grew up being fed by stories; and grew big eating junks hahaha . Aside from the poignant memories of my older cousins messing up my favorite red-nosed stuffed toy (it's not Rudolph) when I was young, I remember being lulled to sleep by listening to the monotone of my dad or Tatang, my maternal grandpa, reading bible stories straight from the bible.

I can't remember being taught to read, like (B+A=BA; BA+TO=BATO) in grade school. I can't even remember struggling through reading. I felt that I always knew how to read. Maybe because I used to think that reading, like eating and sleeping, watching the television and taking a bath are daily rituals. My mom bought me my first book collection when I was four, five thin, glossy pocketbooks of 'Bible Stories for Children' and my first ever coloring book with poems in them. I can remember reading the books, and messing up the coloring part. I was always adept at reading as I always sucked in arts. I read voraciously, from 'Funny Comics' to 'The Plain Truth' to john grisham's to 'Lord of the Rings' and self-help books.

need i say i love reading? ^_^

0 ang nakinig: